Sunday, March 20, 2005

15 days and counting

Well its official, the first day projected for Opening Mexicali Fresh is April 4th 2005. Although there is an incredible amount to be done we think that it is going to happen as planned. The inside is really starting to take shape, the walls are up and the coats of paint are being applied. All of my Mum and I's design work has been behind the scenes until now. We are getting to the stage where the bells and whistles are going up and Mexicali's personality is being seen. Now that the neon signs, menuboards, logos, and murals are scheduled and underway I get to tend to my side project, the media server. We are having a projector installed outside onto one of our walls and I am going to have my own personal window to the world. I plan on showing everything from old movies and personal projects, to advertising for our food and special events. It should be fun having my own personal audience, I have a lot up my sleeve. JB and Mikey (JR)have managed to get most of the cooking equipment in place, this week we should be able to fire up the bar-b and get some food testing underway. I cant wait to start cookin, we have been living off of the samples that the distributors have dropped off for about a month now, cheese and tortillas can only be made so many ways. Its not that we cant afford food just that we have been so busy adapting and working that we hardly have a chance to sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal. Tyler arrived this last weekend and it so happened to be the move in day to our new Villa. So after a month of posh apartment living we have now moved into a beautiful 3 bedroom home just 10 blocks from the restaurant. Its only been a week and we have not spent much time there so I will keep the blog updated how much we truly like it. Mike and I will take some pics and post them on the web....stay tuned! Till next time,
Conor

No comments: