Sunday, October 24, 2004

piha

Now that the jet lag has worn off I am starting to get into more of a daily routine. Its weird how the time is different that back at the states. I mean there is actually only a 6 hour difference , but truly its 30 hours. We are one day and 6 hours ahead of yall back home. It threw us off, we left on the 20th and arrived here on the 22.....? that one took a while for me to figure out. We are staying on the 7th floor at Princes Warf in downtown Auckland, which is in the heart of the newest redeveloped area of the city. I think this is the hippest coolest place in the city right now, there is a Louis Vutton store downstairs around the corner and there is even a bar called -5 degree where the entire inside of the bar is ice. I am talkin ice sculptures, ice walls the whole 9 yards! To come in you have to put on their big fur coats, fur booties and gloves needless to say there is no ice required in the drinks, I will post a picture of it soon. The city reminds me of a very modern fashionable Seattle but in a much more condensed area. All the people here are very friendly, we draw a lot of double takes when we open our mouths and speak, they say they love our accents which is very cool. Yesterday we drove out of the city and toured the surrounding towns of Auckland. Its amazing how in 20 min you can go from downtown Auckland to a tropical beach where there is only a single road in and out. The most amazing place was Pakiri, the picture I posted is from the top of the hill coming into the area. Its a tropical paradise where the houses are all very small and hidden by the green brush. Words cannot describe what this place was like, its a surfers paradise. Anyway, i got a lot more to say but ill save it for another day or two. If you have any questions just post a comment and ill write you back. I hope everybody is doing well,
Remember to vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice guys

the place sounds sweet, I wish I could experience the surfing paradise, Is it warm there? could you surf? If so rent a board and get in....That is one thing I deffinately will be looking forward to...How are the swells big? Any ways I'm glad your getting settled in down there, that time difference thing is a trip, and that bar sounds trippier, do you have to wear there clothes, or could you pull a jackass and go in there in a speedo and flipflops?....by the way james nice to hear from you and yes....I do miss ryoko...lol...not....but anyways went to an open house for seattle university law school saturday morning and I think I will apply....Its a pretty cool place...anyways later kiwis.

ron