Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Welcome to the Mexicali Grill Blog

This blog will provide a journal of our experiences as our family travels to New Zealand and establishes a new business there. Everyone, John, Cindy, Tyler and Conor, will submit postings throughout our adventure. As you can see, Cindy's posting persona is "Nacho Mama." The others have yet to set up their accounts, but you should see them "arrive" once we are in Auckland.

Speaking of which, John and I have finished the business plan, at least the part we can do from this continent. It's awesome, if I do say so myself. We are spending the day packing and tying up loose ends. I'm also grading assignments and getting a couple of weeks ahead in my two online classes.

Tomorrow we catch a flight from Redmond to SFO, and will meet Tyler and Conor at the Air NZ counter in SFO. They will be with us in Auckland until November 3. We will stay on until November 17. From there, our plans are still up in the air. We would really like to be with our family in Carlsbad for our annual Thanksgiving event.

If anyone ever wants to comment on a message, please do so!

2 comments:

Peter Casey said...

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on your courage for diving into such a great adventure. You are all setting the standard for the rest of us that should try out something new before it is too late.

Bravo and the best to all of you.

Peter

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there. Can't cook, but can sweep. Call if interested.

Lest I forget, I'm ohhhh soooo sorry you're going to miss the re-election. I'll tip a celebratory one for you.

Kiwi on my mind....

Mary Schell's husband