Friday, July 04, 2008

Change is a Good Thing

For those of you who have followed this blog since it's inception in 2004, I hope you will stay with me as I shift the focus a bit to cover things that are happening in our lives as American ex-pats in New Zealand. I have also opened up the link to those who search for topics such as this, or for those who just happen to stumble onto it.

I made a page on Face Place or My Face (actually it's Facebook as I keep getting reminded by Conor) to start a new personal blog, but thought better of it after a bit of a sniff around. It's not linear enough for me - there's too much going on and I have had a heck of a time finding the "wall" to write on so I could communicate with my nieces. So, it's back to my own pre-social-networking mode of communication.

It's the 4th of July here, one day ahead of the States. It doesn't seem right - we are in the middle of winter with no watermelon or fire works to be found. However, I am walking today (as I do every Friday morning) with a hearty contingency of gals from the Auckland Chapter of the American Women's Club. I am sure we will all be "representing" in our red, white and blue throughout the brisk stroll along the Kohimarama and St. Heliers waterfronts before diving into luscious flat whites at Cafe Kohi for a good chat afterwards.

Look for more frequent updates and lots of pictures. Now that I don't have to focus my news on the restaurants (which are going fine, by the way) I have lots more to talk about and share! Hmm, there's even an election coming up which should provide a platform for lots of interesting musing.

No comments: