Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Go Hard or Go Home


Aha, the Remuera Ladies' "B" Pennants Champions. As the article states, it's the first time since 1991 that Remuera has won the Auckland Regional Title. Quite honestly, it's the hardest golf competition I have ever been it - each match was 36 holes! And, we walked every last one of them. Bwaaah. Two of the toughest matches we played in driving rain reminiscent of the Waterville and Lahinch courses we played in Ireland way back when.

I have just wrapped up a major project at the restaurants - putting all of our stock into a new computer system and replacing some of the spreadsheets we have been using for the past 3 years. The managers are catching on fast, and I am thrilled with the progress.

Chantall is getting quite large, it's a good thing she's now in her 8th month. She is just glowing, though, and both she and Conor are enjoying the lead-up to the birth of my first grandchild - a boy - and we don't have a name yet. JB is still pushing for Tarzan, but I think he's out of luck.

Ashley and Tyler are expecting around Valentine's Day next year - WOW - all of my dreams coming true in a single year! I will be sad not to share the entire 9 months with them as I have with Conor & Chantall, but it just means I will need to make more trips back to the States next year. We are just a little over 5 weeks away from the wedding and I am looking forward to landing in Albuquerque early and spending some time with Ashley and Tyler, and getting to know Ashley's family (although I have met her gorgeous sisters on their visit to NZ last year!)

We are finishing the planning for our remodel at Prince's Wharf during our shut-down the last 3 weeks of August. Conor has done a great job of organizing everything, and we will see PW re-emerge with some cool new touches, a new floor and automatic sliding doors. Oh yeah.

BTW, where is Karl Rove and why isn't he in jail?

No comments: